Welcome to the Edwardian
Michael and Jackie Scott-Hake extend a warm welcome to their high standards of personal care at their award-winning home. It has been thoughtfully refurbished, and the attention to detail is evident in the furnishings, antiques and china lovingly collected.
Numbers 30 and 32 were built as private residences on the Alexandra Nursery site in 1912. The architect, John Archibald Lucas, sold no. 30 to Miss Elizabeth Alice Bunclark - see the original Indenture in one hall. During the Second World War, no.32 was the Rectory for the parish of St Sidwell - guests have related stories to us their Confirmation classes at the house. This was the first of the two houses to become a guest house - in 1963; and has embraced visitors from around the world, since then. The two houses were joined into one guest house in the 1970’s.
Choose a button below to return to the home page or to continue the tour.